Thursday, January 31, 2013

Melt-in-the-mouth Pineapple Tarts




Presenting my tray of golden pineapple 'fishballs' hehehe It indeed melt-in-the-mouth but also melts in my hand >0< For me this recipe is not easy as the dough sticks all onto my palm when I try to wrap it up with my pineapple jam...I try to chill the dough up to firm up the texture but it does not help much. Maybe I got the ingredient proportion wrong after I adjusted the ingredient using 2 yolks. In the end with lightly damp palms I manage to roll up this golden balls :)






Ingredient (approx 67 pcs)
  • 160gm butter
  • 50gm sugar
  • 100gm whipping cream
  • 30gm cream cheese
  • 2 egg yolk
  • 270gm cake flour
  • 30gm corn flour
  • egg yolk for glazing

Method
  1. Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese together.
  2. Pour in whipping cream and beat on medium speed. Scrape the sides from time to time.
  3. Beat in egg yolk for 1 minute.
  4. Sift flour into creamed mixture in batches and mix on low speed until just combined.
  5. Chill dough briefly for ease of handling. Divide dough in 9-10gm each and wrap with 7gm pineapple jam. Place tart into small cases.
  6. Glaze with egg yolk and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 25-30mins.
  7. Cool completely before storing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails