Thursday, September 15, 2011

咸菜鸭

Very long time did not taste this dish!! I think the last time I've eaten this dish was many years back which is prepared by my father. Many first time for this dish .... >.< first time buy a duck from wet market, first time ever cook a duck, first duck dish recipe in my food blog! Feel so satisfying after drinking this wholesome soup! :D

Ingredient
  • 1 whole duck, cut in chunks and remove excess fats
  • 6 slices ginger
  • 1 tbsp brandy
  • 250gm salted mustard
  • 3 large tomatoes, quartered
  • 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
Method
  1. Blanch duck pieces in hot water. Drain well. Marinate with 1 tbsp brandy.
  2. Soak salted mustard once or twice to remove excess salt.
  3. Heat 9 cups water in a pot. When water comes to a boil, add duck pieces, ginger & salted mustard.
  4. Simmer for 45mins till soup thickens. Add tomatoes & chilli and cook for another 20mins.

6 comments:

Edith said...

Me too! Coz my hubby don't eat duck this soup is non existence in my family. Seeing yrs is making me crave for it.

Peng said...

Edith....our hubby must shake hand togther cos mine also dun eat duck!! hahaha...

Unknown said...

I love this soup! Wow... it's the first time you buy a duck from wet market... so I guess you ask the stall-owner to chop the duck for you... else, it will be a round of battling between you and the duck!

Peng said...

Fong...hahaha can't believe right! indeed i got the them to chop up it for me :P

WendyinKK said...

Ooooooo... one of my favs, but the restaurant in my hometown uses roasted duck for this. Very delicious!

Miss B @ Everybody Eats Well in Flanders said...

This is one of my favorite dish too, just that I have no confidence to make it yet. No fresh duck sold here, would have to settle with frozen ones...

cheers
bee @EEWIF

Related Posts with Thumbnails