Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pandan Sago Cookies

One of my favourite Chinese New Year cookie! like the melts in the mouth texture & coconut flavour :D I've baked 2 batches this round, one is original flavour & the other is pandan flavour! Do not want to left with any unused sago flour, I dry fried the whole packet of 800gm flour. In the end the flour volume decrease to 700gm after frying with some pandan leaves. Therefore I've used 300gm flour for the original & 400gm for the pandan flavoured cookies. I simply adjusted the other ingredient proportionally using the present recipe (link as below) I just added 1 tsp pandan paste to 400gm recipe.

Click here for recipes

Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favourite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011)

4 comments:

j3ss kitch3n said...

very beautiful and cute!

busygran said...

Very nicely done! I love these but too lazy to make them.

The Sweetylicious said...

looks really lovely! pardon my ignorance, may i know how the packaging of sago flour looks like? i didnt know there's sago flour existence ): i can get it from ntuc? thank you!

Peng said...

Jess...tks ^-^

Busygran...indeed very messy when making, cos the flour very light so kitchen worktop, floor, my body all is flour hahaha...

Sweetylicious...it comes in small packing like the corn flour, it mention Sago Flour on the pack, certain NTUC branch does carry, Phoon Huat definitely have, I got mine from Primes supermarket

Related Posts with Thumbnails